The following message is provided as a public service from Florida Russian Lifestyle Magazine:
2012-2013 Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society Scholars Program
Established in 1974 to help immigrants fulfill their dreams of advanced education, the HIAS Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to HIAS-assisted individuals in the United States who are pursuing college or graduate degrees.
The HIAS Scholars program offers the following exciting benefits to awardees:
- Increased U.S. scholarship awards to $4,000
- Participation in community building projects serving local immigrant communities
- Leadership skills training and educational programming covering:
Jewish perspectives on contemporary immigration issues
Advocacy skills building
- Opportunity to meet your donor, other HIAS Scholars, and other members of the HIAS community at orientations and scholarship ceremonies held in NYC and LA
- Inclusion in HIAS Young Leaders, a community of young professionals and students devoted to furthering HIAS’ mission of helping migrants and advocating for fair and just immigration laws
Participation in the HIAS Scholars Program is intended for high school seniors and students of all ages already enrolled in college, professional, vocational, university, or graduate school programs. All applicants must have been resettled in the United States by HIAS, must demonstrate at least one year of attendance in a U.S. high school (applicable to 12th graders only), college or graduate school, and must be continuing their education at a U.S. post-secondary institution in the 2012/2013 academic year.
Recipients are selected on the basis of academic excellence, financial need, and community service.
The deadline to apply for the 2012-2013 HIAS Scholars Program is February 29, 2012. To apply, please visit our webpage.
For more information, please consult our website and check us out on Facebook and Twitter!