“This is not a hippie peace festival”, jokes festival chairman, Jef Gray. “It’s designed to enlighten the audience through international film, culture, amazing food and the opportunity to interact with national delegates.”
The festival is segmented into programs as follows:
- The Hall of Nations – representatives from consulate and embassy posts, along with official delegates will be available to share information about their respective country, answer questions and provide contact information for potential business or tourism opportunities.
- Film Festival – comprised of Feature, Short, Documentary and Student films from worldwide independent film makers.
- The International Tasting Room – Travel around the world on a single plate! The tasting room features food samples from culturally relevant establishments in Central Florida. Appetizers, entrée and desserts and drinks will be on hand. A lunch and dinner session will be held.
- Knowledge Share – Find inspiration from new discoveries and achievements in Agriculture, Health, Education, Science & Technology and International Business. These five tracks of sessions will be presented from industry experts via in person, Skype and white paper formats.
- Exhibits – The exhibit and vendor area is a hands on exploration for the audience. Interact with vendors, inventors and official companies who are present to share their products and services with the world.
- Cultural Performances – Discover art, music and dance from around the world through the performance program. Artists will appear on stage or in the crowds throughout the day.
Attendance at the festival is expected to be high and filled with non stop photo opportunities as each person is encouraged to wear their national costume or colors of their flag. Plans are to make admission free or very low cost, with opportunities to upgrade access to featured programs, screenings, access to the tasting room, knowledge sessions and closing performances.
The festival will conclude with awards for film makers, a national costume fashion show, and follow-on mixers. The location is expected to be in the International Drive area of Orlando, but is subject to change to accommodate crowd size.
Get the latest information about the International Peace Festival from their website: PeaceFestival.us