Florida Russian Lifestyle Magazine has introduced 2 new mobile applications designed for the Apple iPad and iPhone. The online magazine, recognized as “Русские во Флориде” or “Russians in Florida” offers content, video and images about Russian speakers living in Florida. The magazine became a popular download via iTunes in September 2010 and was the first Russian magazine application approved by the Apple corporation. The idea of offering the magazine online or via mobile devices grew with new features and enhancements that were brought into the iPad design.
Both applications are available for free in the iTunes store as separate applications designed specific to each device. Response from consumers has been very positive with immediate downloads worldwide. The most downloads occurring outside the United States came from Russia, China, Brazil, Canada and Germany. The iPhone and Ipad applications have an interesting mix of popularity, with the most iPad downloads occurring in Russia yet an almost equal amount for the iPhone between the US and Russia.
– The designers took advantage of the iPhone built in geographical features, offering a location button in each article. Touching this launches the phones map and shows the location the article references.
– A photo gallery of each issues featured images provides easy viewing of specifically sized images.
– The cover models have their own channel on the app where their photos and interviews are listed.
-Readers can also play videos from the magazines channel on YouTube.com
About the iPad Version:
-Pages have enhanced photo galleries that float above the content
-Embedded videos can be played right inside the page or enlarged to full screen
– Links to sources, advertisements or authors can be launched on a separate layer without losing place in the magazine.
– Email addresses launch the iPad’s mail interface providing readers an instant communication with authors, sales and advertising agents.
About the online version:
Florida Russian Lifestyle Magazine is hosted on several Russian oriented websites, and is also available via Issuu.com. The display of the magazines content can easily shift from a small animated graphic to full screen with a simple click. Once inside readers can turn pages, click links for advertisements or video via the magazine’s YouTube Channel.
[table id=7 /]
*Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.